Handling of Personal Information of Customers
Personal information Daiwa LogiTech inc. ("the Company") receives from customers (“the Personal Information”) shall be handled as set forth below.
The Company fully recognizes the importance of protecting personal information. The proper use and protection of this information forms the basis of our business activities, and represents the key areas of our social responsibility. Therefore, to better ensure the trust of our customers, the Company will take necessary actions in accordance with the following policy.
1. Purpose of Use of the Personal Information of Customers
Through the course of our business, the Company receives a wide range of personal information, including customer addresses, names, zip codes, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, and electronic mail addresses. We receive this information through a variety of means, such as applications and requests, surveys, business negotiations, and executed contracts and agreements. We also receive personal information through publicly available media such as real estate registries, commercial registries, and telephone directories. The Personal Information that comes into our possession will be used for the following purposes.
(Purpose of Use of the Personal Information the Company Receives)
The Company shall use the Personal Information of customers in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information to present information and proposals, execute and perform contracts and agreements, provide after-sales service, contact and notify customers, develop new products and services, raise public awareness activities of logistics solution (including organization of a contest), and provide information deemed useful to customers.
In addition to business activities and the performance of contracts and agreements, the Personal Information will also be used for the following purposes.
- Receive customer feedback and thoughts.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests for documents.
- Conduct market research and development of new products and services.
- Provide notice of a contest and such public awareness activities, notice of contest results, and response to any inquiry from customers.
- Provide notice about various events, seminars, sales promotion, membership services, and other activities.
- Offer subscription to email news service and delivery of documents.
- Provide information about the products and services offered by the Company or its business partners and affiliates.
- Verify accounting audits.
- Use for any other affairs incidental and related to the businesses of the Company.
It should be noted that the Company may provide the Personal Information to contractors to the extent necessary to ensure smooth performance of the business operations outsourced to these contractors. In this case, the Company will enter agreements with these contractors regarding the handling of personal information and implement necessary measures to make sure that the handling of the Personal Information follows this policy.
2. Providing the Personal Information to Third Party
The Company will only provide the Personal Information in our possession to a third party in the following cases.
- When we obtain prior consent of customers.
- When we outsource our business operations to other parties to the extent of achieving the purpose of use.
- When we provide the Personal Information by converting to statistical data in which customers cannot be identified individually.
- When we are required by laws and regulations to provide the Personal Information.
- When the provision of information is necessary to protect life, body, or property and we cannot obtain the customer's consent.
- When the provision of information is especially needed in cases such as to promote the improvement of public hygiene or healthy development for children, and in cases we cannot obtain the customer's prior consent easily.
- When we are required to cooperate with the administration of the national or local government and other authorities as stipulated by laws and regulations, and the acquisition of consent from customers may hinder the administration of these bodies.
3. Disclosing, Correcting, or Suspending the Use, etc. of the Personal Information
Upon receiving one of the following requests from a customer, the Company will take the necessary action within a reasonable period of time and to a reasonable extent after confirming the identity of the customer.
- When a customer requests to disclose their personal information.
- When a customer requests to correct, add, or delete their personal information.
However, this only applies to cases in which personal information is factually incorrect.
- When a customer requests to suspend the use or eliminate its personal information.
However, this does not apply to personal information the Company holds in accordance with the law.
4. Procedures for Accepting Requests to Disclose, Correct, or Suspend the Use, etc. of the Personal Information
Inquiries about the Personal Information and requests to disclose, correct, or suspend the use, etc. of the Personal Information as described in Paragraph 3 above will be accepted at the following contact.
The following contact is open from 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday except public holidays or our non-business days.
Daiwa LogiTech inc.
2F MA Bldg. 6-3-9 Minamiaoyama,
Minato-ku Tokyo 107-0062 JAPAN
<Confirming the Identity of Customers or Proxy>
When a customer submits a request, the identity of the customer will be confirmed by various means, such as by using the driver's license, passport, health insurance card or other form of identification, information registered with the Company such as address, name, telephone number, and date of birth, or by calling back the telephone number registered with the Company.
When a proxy submits a request, in addition to confirming the identity of the customer as described above, the capacity of proxy will be confirmed by power of attorney, certificate of seal-impression, or other means.
A prescribed fee may be charged to process a request to disclose the Personal Information.
Handling of Personal Information on the Company Website
1. Handling of Personal Information on the Company Website
- For requests and inquiries about the Personal Information customers provide and register with the Company through the Company website, you may be required to contact the contact office separately indicated on each individual website or the contact for inquiries about personal information.
- The Company shall observe all related laws, regulations and other rules, and continually strive to improve and enhance the measures to protect personal information in response to changes in the environment surrounding the Group.
The Company and its group companies use “Cookies.” “Cookie” is a form of technology that identifies the customer's terminal device on the web server side by storing certain files in the customer’s terminal device when the customer accesses the website.
The Company and its group companies use “Cookies” exclusively for improving the information and services we provide, to make the website easier for customers to use, to ensure the security of the web server, and to evaluate the content on the website. Cookies do not record any privacy information, such as the names and contact information of customers. In addition, cookies do not affect the terminal devices used by customers and the data stored in them.
You can disable the cookie function by changing the configuration of the browser you use. Please note that disabling this function may prevent you from using all or some of the services on the website.
*"Cookie" is a type of functionality for transmitting data from the web server to the browser used by customers. It also reads the data stored by the browser. "Cookies" do not collect the personal information of users.